Your Privacy Counts
Last edited 07/08/2018
Definitions and interpretations
“Personal data/personal details/personal information” indicates any form of data or information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person identifiers such as names, identification numbers, location data or online identifiers. In this case, it means personal data that you have provided to us via this website.
“We/us/our” means E-Tech, a company registered in England under company 8340968. Our registered address is 165-167 Cleethorpe Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 3DW.
Links to other websites
Although we take every precaution to secure any information provided to us, and accept personal information only when needed to perform a particular task, we have no control over how your personal data is stored or collected through a different website once you leave ours.
- To be informed about our collection methods and use of personal data.
- To access any personal information we may hold about you.
- To rectification if any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to alter this information.
- To ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you, commonly known as the right to be forgotten.
- To restrict processing. You can request us to stop the processing of your personal data.
- To data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to reuse with another service or organisation).
- To object to us using your personal data for specific processing activities.
- To object to automated decision making and profiling.
The personal information we hold
- Company name, where explicitly provided.
- Username, where explicitly provided.
- Contact name, where explicitly provided.
- Contact address including postcode, where explicitly provided.
- Telephone number, where explicitly provided.
- Contact e-mail address, where explicitly provided.
- Company website, where explicitly provided.
- Devices and technology you use while browsing our website, via website analytics.
How we use your personal information
- To respond to enquiries regarding our products and services.
- To receive and manage customer payments.
- To develop and manage products, applications and websites.
- To respond to complaints within a specific time.
- To process job applications (including CV’s, cover notes and work experience).
- To respond to tickets that have been logged via our help/support pages.
Our reasons for processing
- You have provided your consent.
- To achieve a contract or Service Level Agreement.
- Our legal obligation.
- Legitimate interests.
- Developing applications, products and websites.
- Managing and updating our records when necessary.
- Informing visitors about services that may benefit business.
- Informing customers about changes to our services.
- Requesting visitor consent to contact, if required.
- Complying with regulations that apply to us.
How we collect personal information
- If you enquire about our products and services.
- Through e-mails, letters or during phone calls.
- If you have applied for a job or work experience.
- If you have made a complaint.
- If you have registered to use our help/support software.
- If a contract or SLA has been signed by both parties.
How can you access your personal information?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal data held by us. The General Data Protection Regulation states that we cannot charge a fee and have one month to respond to an access request.